SeaWitch Escapades

....Life is as Life is....

The Holidays Have Arrived

So yes, The holidays have arrived. All of them at once, Yule, Hanukkah, Xmas, the whole lot of them. I only did a little shopping this year. I hate feeling compelled to buy things for people but at the same time I feel like I need to do something to let them know that they do indeed mean something to me. I sent off Ms. B's and Mr. B's presents, they got to them on Saturday. Since they were technically Yule presents, I told her she could open them, but she insists on waiting til Xmas... not sure why? Tradition I guess. I opened my Yule/Hanukkah present from Jeboleth Sunday. It was the Firefly DVD collection. A very nice gift. I got him a new pair of sweat pants (his were from his high school days) and some Bacon Salt. He is a bacon fiend so this was a fabulous gift for him. I got some chocolates (sugar free) from Ms. and Mr. B. in the mail today, yummy.

And my roommate got me a bunch of Joie eggie products, yes, I'm an addict now, I must own all the eggie products!!!! I have the Yolky Egg Separator, the Yolky Egg poacher, the L'il Flip Egg Spatula, Kitchen Timer "Mech-Timey," Kitchen Scraper "Scrape-Ease," Mini Fry Pan "Small Fry," Whiskie Egg Whisk, and the Omelet Ease Flip pan. There are more to be had, even some that aren't listed on this web page that I've seen in Marshall's or on Amazon. I *must* have them..... And she cannot complain about this addiction, because she bought me my first eggie item, thus she created this addiction. :) I tell you, I must own them all!!!


Continuing on.... Its cold here, 22F right now. It was 16F this morning. I haven't ventured out, no reason for that today. I stayed in and made a German's Chocolate cake. It turned out pretty darn good, but it takes quite a while to make! And there are so many eggs in this recipe! I'm glad I used healthy cholesterol reducing butter and Splenda mixed w/sugar to cut some of the badness to the cake. I'm sure it will still taste yummy! I followed the "original" recipe that I found from the Baker's chocolate website. An interesting note, the cake has been incorrectly called "German Chocolate" cake for years, but it isn't German at all, read Here to find out its history. I like to know a bit of the history about things, my cooking, my science, you name it I'll delve a little deeper to find out why something got named this way or that way just because of my own curiosity.

And yes, in case you're wondering, I did indeed take my camera in for cleaning. It will be out for the next 7 - 10 days getting its CCD chip cleaned and inspected. :( So I just have my little point and shoot, well, also my other non-digital SLR, my underwater one and I think I have anther digital hand-held somewhere around here too.... I was looking online at some new lens, drooling, and also checking out some tripods too. I may be doing some investing after the new year in some new toys to expand my hobby. :) It will be my present to myself!!!

0 comments:

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger