I've had a really good week. No really, like every day something awesome has happened. So much so that I'm terrified that the next day the Apocalypse is going to happen or I'm going to be struck by a meteorite. The balance of karma may be out of whack by Friday, but my roommate assures me this is just all the good karma built up that hadn't been paid to me just being delivered all at once. It's a bit scary. Good, but scary.
So what good stuff you ask? Well, I got the reviews to my accepted manuscript, which weren't too bad, I submitted an abstract on a new subject to a science conference which will be in May without too many edits from the co-authors, I was asked to be a reviewer for a manuscript for a rather prestigious journal (and of course accepted), and a book chapter that I'm a co-author on was published. See, scary. I think I'll just take it as a good start to 2009! :)
This has been my first week back to work since the winter break too, so its been a jump in with both feet and try to get back into the groove thang. So far so good. I've got quite a bit done, not nearly everything I've wanted to do has gotten done. But, no matter, I'll get there. We did have a wonderful time in NYC w/Jeboleth's parents, I really enjoy The City! Such pretty lights, beautiful buildings, interesting people watching... :)
It is supposed to snow on Saturday too. I do hope so, I really want to see some snow this year, a flake or two please??? OH and I'm making NY cheesecake this weekend too. Yup, I have a brand new springfoam baking pan that needs testing out, so bring on the baking!!! Yum.
A really good week
Posted by
Tethys......
Thursday, January 8, 2009


0 comments:
Post a Comment