Yes, I know, I've been back from Italy for a little while now and I never had an actual chance while I was there to post. To be honest, I was enjoying my days too much to take time out, find a small internet store and pay 1E for 15 min to sit and try to figure out the Italian keyboard and type up the day's events. I don't apologize for that, instead, I went to the cafe next to it and ordered a latte and a croissant.... :-) A much better bargain for my Euros and time well spent.
But I do need to include what transpired, or at least a bit of what the trip was like. Right? Yes. Well, I can begin by the night before I left, May 8th. I called Ms. Kitty and chatted with her for a while. We reminisced about our trip to Belfast and that we really, really needed to get together and have a bit of relaxation and fun again. My honey was off at a bachelor party in AC, he texted me to tell me he had won a bit of $$, yay! Then I did my 400th check of the suitcase to make sure I had everything packed, the house was clean and all that fun stuff.
I got up the next morning, 6:30 am (ya'll who know how much I'm such a morning person will know how well that went over with me.....) but my awesome man got us together, carried my suitcase down two large flights of stairs and to the car, then off to pick up Leo's Mom. Gathered her up, and headed off to the Newark, NJ airport... nap time in the car for the travelers! Got to the airport, said our bye-byes and headed in for the fun check-in. Luckily it wasn't so bad and we got to our gate pretty quickly, but realized that, um, there was no food there in our gate area. So we had to leave the gate area, go get food and then go back through security again. All for the love of real food! Silly airport setups!
We got onto our plane fine, and into Toronto, our layover, without any issue. Once in Canada, Leo's Mom exchanged some USD for some Euros, but the exchange lady messed up and gave her Canadian coins... Why??? We weren't sticking around Canada if we were getting Euros woman!! Sheesh. Oh and btw, thanx to Greece we spent more $$ on this trip than necessary. Gee thanx! Grrrr. We did a little shopping, found some water, and unfortunately for me, I ended up with a severe migraine. Most likely due to a combination of the air-pressure and the intense light coming through the all-window terminal in Toronto. I took my Imitrex and draped my sweater over my head to block out the light, while trying to let the meds take effect. Luckily by the time boarding was ready for out flight, my brain had started to cooperate.
We were a little late on the plane. The pilot had informed us that due to the problems with the Iceland volcano (still) we would be diverted further up over the Arctic to avoid the ash. It made us land 2 hours later than our original time. I slept for quite a while on the flight over, and was lucky in my dinner too. I had requested a veggie meal, but the coach class meal was made with curry, me & curry do not get along..... I had to give it back to the flight attendant. She was very kind about it, and a little while later came back to ask if I would like a cheese ravioli instead, someone had passed on that dish. Sure! When she brought it to me, it was in a real dish, with metal silver ware, and tasted excellent! It was obviously from either business or first class. Yummy.
And then we see the sight of the Mediterranian Sea.... And the pilot says... prepare for landing...
Very late entries from Italy
Posted by
Tethys......
Thursday, August 26, 2010



0 comments:
Post a Comment